Melbourne Hula Hoop Class Schedule & Ticket Info
Melbourne Hula Hoop Class in Footscray:
- Wednesdays 7:30pm – 8:45pm
- 7week course.
- T1: Jan 20, Jan 27, Feb 3 and Feb 24, Mar 3, Mar 10, Mar 17.
- Location: The Body Voice Centre
- Tix available throughout the term and every hula hoop class is designed as a stand-alone – meaning you can join at any time and slot right in!
- All Hoop Sparx Melbourne Hula Hoop Class Passes are valid for one term.
What You Will Learn – All Levels Melbourne Hula Hoop Class
- Concepts of flow
- Hoop tech and how to break things down to work them out yourself
- On-body hooping (waist, chest, knees, neck, foot, arms)
- Off body tricks (weaves, isolations and more)
- Twin hooping
- Transitions that will open up your flow and allow you to find and express your own style of hoop dance
- Every move gets broken down to its foundations then built up through variations. This is what makes it a beginner and intermediate hula hoop class
Classes will be taught by Donna Sparx and you will learn foundational and cutting-edge innovative moves to take your hooping to the next level.
The Hoop Sparx All Levels class is a beginner and intermediate hula hoop class in one. Classes focus on finding a connection with the hoop and self as a means to discovering your own flow and creating new hoop dance moves and tricks. Participants will be encouraged to play, explore, discover and develop their own individual hoop dance style. Using group and individual instruction, choreography, improvisation, practise and games, these sessions are suitable for beginner and intermediate hoopers.
What You Get
- A place to play, laugh, get fit and have fun. That’s what hula hoop class is all about!
- A holistic class for your mind, body and spirit – that’s right, hooping exercises both sides of the brain, the whole body and it’s meditative.
- Hoops are provided in all different sizes and weights so you can experiment. See what feels right for you and the way you like to move.
- A class that is suitable for all levels in the hoop.
- Accessible class for all ages and all fitness levels.
- Access to free online Hoop Sparx tutorials, tips and tricks.
- Access to the Hoop Sparx hoopers online community.
- Discounted hula hoops.
Tell Me More
Do you feel like it’s time to inject some fun, fitness and flow into your world?
Needing to tone up, tune in and take some time out for you?
This Melbourne hula hoop class will get the body moving and grooving with a hula hoop.
If you are looking for new ways to get fit, relax, have fun, connect with other awesome people and play, then Hoop Sparx classes are for you!
Our hula hoop classes are a combination of inspiration, fitness, tech, flow, play and dance. Classes include instruction, practice and challenges for everyone at all levels.
There are 5-10 hoopers in every class aged from about 20-65!
Each term runs for 7 weeks (structured in 2 blocks with a 2 week break in the middle) and each class focuses on different moves, tricks, drills, transitions and concepts. Classes don’t add on to each other so you can join at any time although, people who come more regularly do start to get comfortable in the hula hoop and begin to pick things up a little quicker.
About the Facilitator
Donna Sparx is a professional hula hoop dancer who is passionate about bringing the dance into the hoop and sharing the freedom found in play and flow. Recognised globally for her creativity, innovation, flow facilitation and playful approach, she has shared the hoopla with thousands of people aged 2 to 72! Donna has performed with the Women’s Circus and at many festivals and events. She brings a passion and playfulness to her work that is infectious.
Her motto: Do it ‘til you can.
When not playing with or teaching hoops, Donna can be found doing acro, pilates, dooping (hooping at the dog park – yes, it’s possible to hula hoop, drink coffee and throw a ball for the dog at the same time), or deciding which leggings will best reflect her mood today.
What to bring
All hoops provided. BYO playfulness, water bottle and wear comfy clothes.
You will be asked to scan a QR code when you arrive and we encourage you to bring your own hula hoop if you have one. If not, all hoops will be provided and will be sanitised prior to use. Hula hooping itself creates natural social distancing. Masks are optional as we will be exercising so do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. Any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Class costs are GST inclusive.
Click here to see Terms of Service