Hula Hoop Class Schedule & Ticket Info – Brunswick
- Thursdays 7:30pm – 8:45pm
- T1: Mar 16, 23, 30, Apr 6
- T2: Apr 25, May 2, 9, 16, 30, Jun 6, 13, 20
- Location: Malvern Community Arts Centre, Malvern
- All Hula Hoop Class Passes are valid for the duration of the course and can be used at all Hoop Sparx class locations so if you miss a class, you can make up for it another night.
What You Will Learn – Beginners & Intermediate All Levels Hula Hoop Class
- Hoop tech and how to break things down to work them out yourself
- On-body hooping (e.g. waist, chest, knees, neck, foot, arms)
- Off body tricks (weaves, isolations and more)
- Twin hooping
- Concepts of flow
- Transitions that will open up your flow and allow you to find and express your own style of hoop dance
- Every move gets broken down to its foundations then built up through variations from simple to mind-melting. This is what makes it a beginner and intermediate hula hoop class
Olive Dip will share with you foundational and cutting-edge innovative Hoop DANCE moves to take your hooping to the next level.
Weaving grooves and dance into each move, join Olive each week to learn the fundamentals of hooping all the way up to intermediate/advanced moves. Olive teaches a blend of hula hooping and dance that guides you through a learning journey of how to get your hoop moving, your body grooving and how to find your own flow and connection. Each lesson provides you with the hoop tricks to get you levelled up and beautifully flowing with your hoop.
The Hoop Sparx All Levels class is a beginner and intermediate hula hoop class in one. Classes focus on finding a connection with the hoop and self as a means to discovering your own flow and creating new hoop dance moves and tricks. Participants will be encouraged to play, explore, discover and develop their own individual hoop dance style. Using group and individual instruction, choreography, improvisation, practise and games, these sessions are suitable for beginner and intermediate hoopers.
What You Get
- A place to play, laugh, get fit and have fun. That’s what hula hoop class is all about!
- A holistic class for your mind, body and spirit – that’s right, hooping exercises both sides of the brain, the whole body and it’s meditative.
- Hoops are provided in all different sizes and weights so you can experiment. See what feels right for you and the way you like to move.
- A class that is suitable for all levels in the hoop (it’s a beginners and intermediate hula hoop class in one!)
- Accessible class for all ages and all fitness levels.
- Access to free online Hoop Sparx tutorials, tips and tricks.
- Access to the Hoop Sparx hoopers online community.
- Discounted hula hoops.
Tell Me More
Do you feel like it’s time to inject some fun, fitness and flow into your world?
Needing to tone up, tune in and take some time out for you?
This class will get the body moving and grooving with a hula hoop.
If you are looking for new ways to get fit, relax, have fun, connect with other awesome people and play, then Hoop Sparx classes are for you!
Our hula hoop classes are a combination of inspiration, fitness, tech, flow, play and dance. Classes include instruction, practice and challenges for everyone at all levels.
There are 8-12 hoopers in every class aged from about 20-65!
This course runs for 8 weeks and each class focuses on different moves, tricks, drills, transitions and concepts.
Find out what our students have to say.
About the Facilitator
Olive Dip is a hooper, dancer and fire performer from Melbourne, Australia. Blooming from a background in a vast number of dance styles such as commercial, hip-hop, street jazz and burlesque, Olive brings a unique flair to hooping with her finely crafted fusion of sass, dance and hoop tech.
She specialises in teaching hoop-dance, integrating elements from a range of styles into hoop flow to create a playful environment that provides hoopers with the tools and guidance to open and develop confidence in their range of movement and personal style.
Olive’s style is sassy, cheeky and full of attitude.
Donna Sparx is a professional hula hoop dancer who is passionate about bringing the dance into the hoop and sharing the freedom found in play and flow. Recognised globally for her creativity, innovation, flow facilitation and playful approach, she has shared the hoopla with thousands of people aged 2 to 72! Donna has performed with the Women’s Circus and at many festivals and events. She brings a passion and playfulness to her work that is infectious.
Her motto: Do it ‘til you can.
When not playing with or teaching hoops, Donna can be found doing acro, pilates, dooping (hooping at the dog park – yes, it’s possible to hula hoop, drink coffee and throw a ball for the dog at the same time), or deciding which leggings will best reflect her mood today.
What to bring
All hoops provided. BYO playfulness, water bottle and wear comfy clothes.
You will be asked to scan a QR code when you arrive and we encourage you to bring your own hula hoop if you have one. If not, all hoops will be provided and will be sanitised prior to use. Hula hooping itself creates natural social distancing. Any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Class costs are GST inclusive.
Click here to see Terms of Service.
There are no reviews yet.