- The Voucher is valid for 12 months and can be redeemed at any Hoop Sparx online classes.
What You Will Learn
- Explore hoop dance through tricks, transitions, being super playful and having FUN!
- Learn on-body (waist, chest, knees, neck) hooping and off body tricks (weaves, isolations, smears) and transitions that will open up your flow and allow you to find and express your own style of hoop dance.
- Donna Sparx will share with you the most awesome tricks, transitions and moves that she’s collected from around the world and look totally impressive.
What You Get
Hula Hoop Class Gift Vouchers provide the voucher holder with:
- A place to play, laugh, get fit and have fun.
- A holistic class for mind, body and spirit – that’s right, hooping exercises both sides of the brain, the body and is also meditative.
- A class that is suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- Access to free online Hoop Sparx tutorials, tips and tricks.
- Access to the Hoop Sparx hoopers online community.
- Discounted hula hoops.
Who’s it for?
It’s the perfect gift for:
- Beginner hoopers looking to kick-start their hoop dance
- People wanting to learn some fun ways to stay fit with a hula hoop – think cardio sweat and toning
- Intermediate hoopers wanting to take it to the next level
When and where are classes?
Classes run in Carlton, Footscray and St Kilda with Total Beginners and All Levels classes available.
Hula hoop class terms run for 8 weeks with a 3-4 week break in between.
Are hoops provided?
No, although a gift hoop can be added to the order and will be shipped out. Be sure to include the shipping address of the gift recipient. BYO playfulness, water bottle and wear comfy clothes.
How do I gift a hoop as part of the present?
Select the check-box for the hoop you’d like to add to the gift. There are 2 types of hoops available – both are 100% Australian and hand-made, quality, durable and flexible plastic custom-made for hula hooping:
- Practise Hoop: A bright orange plastic hoop with a single pin-stripe of grip tape
- Dance Hoop: A fully taped, patterned and sparkly hula hoop. You can check out the designs here: https://hoopsparx.com/shop/product-category/dance-fitness-hula-hoops/.
The voucher holder can select their hoop from the range available online or on the day of their class.
Tell Me More
A unique gift for people who love fun, fitness, movement and something a little different.
Hoop Sparx classes get the body moving and grooving with a hula hoop.
They are a great way to get fit, relax, have fun, connect with other awesome people and play!
Classes focus on finding connection with the hoop and self as a means to learning foundational hoop dance moves and tricks. Participants will be encouraged to play, explore, discover and develop their own individual hoop dance style. Using group and individual instruction, choreography, improvisation, practise and games, these sessions are for suitable for beginner and intermediate hoopers.
How long are gift vouchers valid for?
Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months.
How is the gift voucher redeemed?
The voucher holder can check out the class dates and locations available at www.hoopsparx.com and email/call to book in. People with a 4 or 8 week class pass gift vouchers will have 3 months to use their pass after their first class. If they miss a class, they can make up for it at any of the Hoop Sparx classes within the 3 month period.
How old are the students and is it hard?
Hoop Sparx students range from 19 – 67 and cater to all ages and levels of fitness.
About the facilitator:
Donna Sparx is a professional hula hoop dancer who is passionate about bringing the dance into the hoop and sharing the freedom found in play and flow. Recognised globally for her creativity, innovation, flow facilitation and playful approach, she has shared the hoopla with thousands of people aged 2 to 72! Donna has performed with the Women’s Circus and at many festivals and events. She brings a passion and playfulness to her work that is infectious.
Her motto: Do it ‘til you can.
When not playing with or teaching hoops, Donna can be found doing acro, pilates, dooping (hooping at the dog park – yes, it’s possible to hula hoop, drink coffee and throw a ball for the dog at the same time), or deciding which leggings will best reflect her mood today.
Pricing is GST inclusive.